There is more than one way to skin a cat. If you are looking to increase
your fitness or lose weight than both of these things can be achieved without
visiting a gym or health club.
Go running. Enjoy a hike through the hills or take up cycling at the weekends
and walk to work during the week. If these ideas don't grab you then you
may need to visit the gym after all.
To gain the best from any health club you need to find the one that's right
for your needs. So on your first visit ask questions.
- How much does each session cost?
- Do I need to join up for a full year?
- What classes are available and do I need to pay extra?
- Do you have a crèche?
- Can I bring friends?
- Are there qualified instructors to help me achieve my goals?
- What equipment do you have?
Always insist on a club and facility tour. This way you can observe the
clientele, take a look at the equipment, ask more questions as you walk
round and check out the washing and changing areas.
Health club membership
- What is available?
Health club etiquette
- Pass with flying colours
UK leading health club chains