Health and fitness are an important part of your life, right? So, how do
you stay motivated, committed and enthusiastic about your goal to get fit,
stay fit or lose weight? This is where a personal life coach can help.
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best" W. Somerset
Personal coaching is growing at a phenomenal rate as more people strive
for better lives and to reach their goals. Health and fitness is a recurring
topic, however the coach needs to ensure that all aspects of a person's
life is in balance - health and fitness; relationships; career; personal
growth and money - to help that individual lead a more satisfying, successful
and fulfilling life.
Think of a coach as your personal trainer - only not for your body, but
for your mind. Coaching isn't counseling - the client isn't allowed to dwell
on the past but looks at today and develops action plans to enhance the
future. So, ask yourself the following:
1. Would you like someone to talk to and clarify things in your own mind?
2. How would you make your life more fulfilling?
3. Do you need a fresh perspective?
4. What's the biggest opportunity you are not taking right now?
5. Do you feel like you are treading water?
6. Are you performing at your peak?
7. Are all areas of your life in harmony
A 1998 survey by the International Coaching Federation revealed that
98.5 per cent of clients polled reported their investment in coaching
to be highly valuable. So what are the benefits?
- Clarifying your needs, values and goals
- Having someone "on your side" to support and encourage
- Having someone to keep you focused, challenged, accountable and
confront you when you are falling behind on your commitments
- Making better decisions, and enhancing natural strengths
- Gaining balance in all aspects of your life
A confidential dialogue takes place between coach and client within a creative,
productive and results-driven environment. Most sessions are conducted weekly
over the telephone and sessions last up to 45 minutes. Some coaches offer
If you want to realise your ambitions or overcome your frustrations get
a coach! Be the author of your life. There is a world of difference between
thinking about something and actually doing it. That is the difference a
Katrina is an accredited coach and passionate about coaching. She has
been helping people realise their true potential for many years.