You shouldn't let any existing medical conditions prevent you from leading an active life. With so many fitness options and modifications, there is a program out there to suit your needs. Learn as much as you can about your medical condition so you can choice the program that works best for you.
Medical conditions vary from mild discomfort to extremely debilitating. Understand your limitations and work with them. Medical conditions are not a sentence to a sedentary lifestyle; rather they are an opportunity to explore fitness in a different way.
First, make sure that you consult with your doctor before you begin any fitness program. They can outline any exercise limitation and make recommendations. Next, find a personal trainer who can help you design a program tailored to your specific needs and goals. They will also help you with safety and proper exercise technique. Here are a few things for you to think about when starting your fitness program:
- Take small steps - start off slowly so you can adapt to your program and you will avoid causing more damage. Aim for 30 minutes of exercise everyday day
- Listen to your body - if something is painful or doesn't feel right - stop!
- Get some sleep - try to sleep at least 7 hours a night and you will find that you have more energy to move everyday!
- Rest Between workouts - don't push yourself too hard. Make sure that you rest 24-48 hours between workouts
- Drink water - make sure that you stay hydrated for your workout