A typical fitness salary can vary widely from one job to another.
This is a field that many people enter simply because they love the work, but it still pays to know what a typical fitness salary is.
As with other fields, fitness salary will vary according to the training and responsibility of the position. Typical wages of people working in this field run from $30,000 up to $75,000 or more for those at the top of the filed.
There are of course variations depending on:
- Region of the country
- Specialty area
- Degrees earned
- Previous experience
Having said that, the national averages are as follows:
You can improve your prospects in any job by combining experience and education, with the highest paying jobs typically going to those who have advanced or specialist educational qualifications.
- Exercise Physiologist (Bachelor's Degree plus ACSM Certification) $29,000
- Exercise Physiologist (Master's Degree plus ACSM Certification) $32,000
- Exercise Physiologist (PhD, etc) $30,000-$100,000
- Athletic Trainer $32,000
- Health Club Manager $30,000 - $50,000
- Program Director at Health Club $20,000-$40,000
- Gym Instructor $10-$30 per hour
- Physical Therapist $48,000
- Personal Trainer $20,000-$30,000+