When you are prepared, injury prevention is easy. Safety is the most important component of any fitness program. Working out with injury prevention in mind will make exercise a much more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Injury prevention starts long before the workout. When you are planning your exercise program, make sure that you consider any weakness or illnesses that you might have and adjust your routine accordingly.
You also want to ensure that you exercise space is clear and free of any clutter. Here are a few thinks to consider when you are thinking of Injury prevention:
- Visit your doctor before you begin your fitness program to make sure that it is safe for you to exercise.
- Consult with a personal trainer to learn proper form and exercise technique.
- Gradually increase your workout time and intensity.
- Make sure that you eat a meal about 2 hours before your workout.
- Stay hydrated and drink before, during and after your workout.
- Listen to your body. If you are uncomfortable on in pain, stop exercising.
- Get adequate rest to avoid overtraining. Aim for 48 hours before working the same muscle group.
- Vary up your workout to challenge your muscles and avoid boredom.
- Dress with appropriate attire and footwear. You want to stay dry and cool.
- Make sure that you warm up with light cardio and cool down with proper stretching.
Keeping a safe and healthy exercise environment will make your workout experience fun and more productive.