As we age, we often lose mobility in our joints, especially in our lower body. Improving hip rotation is a great way to aid in walking and helps you to perform everyday activates with ease.
This can also be problematic if we are recovering from surgery or an injury. There are many exercises that you can do to improve hip rotation and all will benefit any fitness program.
If you want to improve hip rotation, you must workout that specific area. It is a myth to think that you are helping your mobility by not using your muscles and joints because they give you problems.
You may only be furthering the damage. Gentle exercise is the key. Swimming is a great option for those who want to improve hip rotation. The water provides a cushion for your muscles so you can move freely using a full range of motion.
Walking is also good activity to help keep your joints lubricated and active. Just make sure that you take your time and work at your own pace.
Gentle stretching can also help with joint movement. Here is a great one to try:
- Lie on floor on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Keep shoulders on floor at all times.
- Keep knees bent together and gently lower legs to one side as far as possible without forcing them.
- Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Return legs to upright position.
- Repeat toward other side.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.