There is no "magic" pill; a good weight loss workout involves exercising regularly, eating a balanced diet and reducing stress.
Everyone at some time in their lives has wanted to shed some unwanted pounds. A sensible weight loss workout will help you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
There is a simple formula for a weight loss workout: expand more calories than you consume. You can find this balance by exercising more and making better food choices.
Sounds simple, but may people struggle with diet and exercise. Here are a few tips to make your weight loss workout a success:
- Take small steps - start by going for a walk after dinner or taking your kids to the park. Aim for 30 minutes of exercise everyday day.
- Clean out your cupboards - get rid of any unhealthy snacks that might be tempting to you and replace them with healthy ones
- Get some sleep - try to sleep at least 7 hours a night and you will find that you have more energy to move everyday!
- Write it down - keep a food journal and write down what and when you eat. Also notice how you felt when you ate, you will notice what your eating patterns are
- Set realistic goals - you may never be the size you were 15 years ago, respect the body you have now and work with it
- Talk to a professional - a fitness trainer can help with create an exercise and diet program that is tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Now that you have the tools, get moving and have fun!