Do you need to let out some aggression? Try a boxing workout! This program involves punching and kicking drills combined with cardiovascular training.
After a boxing workout you will feel more energized, motivated and ready to conquer your day.
There are many great boxing workouts available on DVD and in fitness clubs around the globe. Many fitness clubs have introductory classes that introduce you to the moves and help with safety and form. Some programs include kicking, punching and sparing with a partner or using equipment. Others involve a blend of martial arts with aerobic drills in a class setting. All of these programs can be great calorie burners when performed correctly and can take the boredom out of a regular exercise program.
Which ever boxing workout you choose, be prepared to work hard and have fun.
You don't have to be a dancer or in perfect shape to benefit from this program. Here are a few tips to help you get started with your program:
- Consult with your doctor before you begin your exercise program
- Find a comfortable environment - talk to the other participants in your class. If you prefer to workout at home, make sure you have enough space to exercise
- Let to know your instructor it - the moves can be tough so ask for advice on form and technique
- Work at your own pace - this class can be intense so take your time
- Practice - try doing the moves on your own to perfect your technique
- Drink water - this workout can be intense so you need to stay hydrated.